I have a development database which is replicated to a slave. Backup
is taken daily from this slave. I need to test if the restore
procedure is ok.
I would like to:
1) block all application access (stop services + iptables block) to
the database and lock it read only;
2) make a backup with my script;
3) drop mysql and app databases;
4) restore them from backup;
5) verify if data after restore is exactly the same as before the process.
I know how to make steps 1-4 but I do not know how to make step 5. Any
tips? Should I do it on filesystem level or on mysql level? Are there
any external tools?