List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Manuel Arostegui Date:February 15 2013 10:01am
Subject:Re: slave replication with lots of 'duplicate entry' errors
View as plain text
2013/2/14 Robert Citek <robert.citek@stripped>

> According to the client, nothing is writing to the slave and
> everything is being logged at the master.  I have not had the
> opportunity to independently verified any of this, yet.  I do know
> that the slave is not in read-only mode, but rather "we promise not to
> write to it" mode.

The only way to be totally safe is to enable it.

> At the moment, I am trying to come up with plausible explanations for
> the observations.

If you are sure you're setting the correct master IP, logfile and position
that appears in your mysqldump...the only explanation is...they are writing
directly into the slave.

Manuel.

Thread
slave replication with lots of 'duplicate entry' errorsRobert Citek13 Feb
  • Re: slave replication with lots of 'duplicate entry' errorsRobert Citek13 Feb
    • Re: slave replication with lots of 'duplicate entry' errorsManuel Arostegui14 Feb
      • RE: slave replication with lots of 'duplicate entry' errorsRick James14 Feb
        • Re: slave replication with lots of 'duplicate entry' errorsRobert Citek14 Feb
          • RE: slave replication with lots of 'duplicate entry' errorsRick James14 Feb
            • Re: slave replication with lots of 'duplicate entry' errorsRobert Citek15 Feb
      • Re: slave replication with lots of 'duplicate entry' errorsRobert Citek14 Feb
        • Re: slave replication with lots of 'duplicate entry' errorsSinger Wang14 Feb
          • Re: slave replication with lots of 'duplicate entry' errorsRobert Citek14 Feb
        • Re: slave replication with lots of 'duplicate entry' errorsManuel Arostegui15 Feb