List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Robert Citek Date:February 14 2013 10:55pm
Subject:Re: slave replication with lots of 'duplicate entry' errors
View as plain text
On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 4:54 PM, Manuel Arostegui <manuel@stripped> wrote:
> 2013/2/13 Robert Citek <robert.citek@stripped>
>>
>> On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 8:59 AM, Robert Citek <robert.citek@stripped>
>> wrote:
>> > Any other possibilities?  Do other scenarios become likely if there
>> > are two or more tables?
>> >
>> > Of those, which are the most likely?
>>
>> [from off-list responder]:
>> > Other possibility: The replication is reading from master not from the
>> > point when the dump was done, but some time before and is fetching insert
>> > statements which are already in the dump.
>>
>> To prevent that I used the coordinates in the dump file included with
>> --master-data=2.  Could the coordinates still be off?
>

> Hello,
>
> Are you sure nothing is getting inserted directly into the slave? Is it in
> read only mode?
> If you're starting replication using the values provided by --master-data=2
> (which should be something like):
>
>  -- Position to start replication or point-in-time recovery from
>
> -- CHANGE MASTER TO MASTER_LOG_FILE='mysql-bin.000974',
> MASTER_LOG_POS=240814775;
>
> And if you're using the right IP, there's no reason to have duplicate
> entries unless someone is writing directly into the slave.
>
> Manuel.

According to the client, nothing is writing to the slave and
everything is being logged at the master.  I have not had the
opportunity to independently verified any of this, yet.  I do know
that the slave is not in read-only mode, but rather "we promise not to
write to it" mode.

At the moment, I am trying to come up with plausible explanations for
the observations.

Thanks for your feedback.

Regards,
- Robert
Thread
slave replication with lots of 'duplicate entry' errorsRobert Citek13 Feb
  • Re: slave replication with lots of 'duplicate entry' errorsRobert Citek13 Feb
    • Re: slave replication with lots of 'duplicate entry' errorsManuel Arostegui14 Feb
      • RE: slave replication with lots of 'duplicate entry' errorsRick James14 Feb
        • Re: slave replication with lots of 'duplicate entry' errorsRobert Citek14 Feb
          • RE: slave replication with lots of 'duplicate entry' errorsRick James14 Feb
            • Re: slave replication with lots of 'duplicate entry' errorsRobert Citek15 Feb
      • Re: slave replication with lots of 'duplicate entry' errorsRobert Citek14 Feb
        • Re: slave replication with lots of 'duplicate entry' errorsSinger Wang14 Feb
          • Re: slave replication with lots of 'duplicate entry' errorsRobert Citek14 Feb
        • Re: slave replication with lots of 'duplicate entry' errorsManuel Arostegui15 Feb