List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:February 8 2013 11:35am
Subject:Re: Major MySQL Revision Takes on NoSQL
View as plain text
----- Original Message -----
> From: "Reindl Harald" <h.reindl@stripped>
>
> does this also affect MyISAM or is the engine only a unloved child
> since the switch to innodb as default engine?

Both, I suspect :-)

While MyISAM has certainly become the unloved child of late, from the point of view of
engine interchangeability, it seems obvious to keep the presentation layer in the server
(or even the client), and not the individual engines.

I'm not familiar with the MySQL code, mind you, but it seems... unlikely to be any other
way.

Major MySQL Revision Takes on NoSQLDaevid Vincent8 Feb
  • Re: Major MySQL Revision Takes on NoSQLPeter Brawley8 Feb
    • Re: Major MySQL Revision Takes on NoSQLReindl Harald8 Feb
      • Re: Major MySQL Revision Takes on NoSQLJohan De Meersman8 Feb