List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:cl Date:February 5 2013 2:49pm
Subject:SELECT subquery problem
View as plain text
De-lurking here.

I am trying to figure out how to return results from a query. What I need to do is to
return 4 columns from a database. This is easy:

SELECT last_name, first_name, phone, email FROM `mydatabasetable` WHERE `current_member` =
"Y" AND `pub_name` = "Y" ORDER BY last_name ASC

This works fine, as expected.

But, I want to only display the value in `email` if the value in another field,
`pub_email` = "Y"  So, the resultant output would look like this, for instance, if the
value of `pub_email` ="N" for Mr. Wills:

Jones  John     555-555-5555   johnjones@stripped
Smith  Jim       555-222-2222   jimSmith@stripped
Wills    Chill      555-111-1111
Zorro  Felicity  555-999-9999  felicityzorro@stripped

Can't quite figure out how to express this.

TIA for your suggestions!

Thread
SELECT subquery problemcl5 Feb
  • RE: SELECT subquery problemCarlos Eduardo Caldi5 Feb
    • RE: SELECT subquery problemcl6 Feb
  • Aw: SELECT subquery problemStefan Kuhn5 Feb
    • Re: SELECT subquery problemAndrew Moore5 Feb
  • Re: SELECT subquery problemAndy Wallace5 Feb