List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mike Franon Date:February 5 2013 2:18pm
Subject:Re: file level encryption on mysql
View as plain text
Thanks!

I tried all these methods and you are right this is not going to work for us.

I am not a developer, does anyone have any good links or reference to
the best way I can share with my developers on best way to encrypt and
decrypt personal user info.

We do not store credit cards, but want to store 3 tables that have
email address, ip address, and personal info.

On Sun, Feb 3, 2013 at 12:57 PM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl@stripped> wrote:

> Am 03.02.2013 18:52, schrieb Mike Franon:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I was wondering what type of encryption for linux would you recommend
>> to encrypt the database files on the OS level? I had a hard time
>> starting the database after I moved it to a partiton with encryptFS
>>
>> I only need 3 tables encrypted and know it is better to do it from the
>> application, but unfortunately that cannot happen for a while.
>>
>> Has anyone done OS file level encryption, and if so which one did they use?
>
> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Dm-crypt_with_LUKS
>
> but this all is useless in case of intrusion because the FS
> is unlocked and you have no gain - FS encryption only matters
> if your notebook or disks get stolen which is unlikely on a server

Thread
file level encryption on mysqlMike Franon3 Feb
  • Re: file level encryption on mysqlReindl Harald3 Feb
    • Re: file level encryption on mysqlMike Franon5 Feb
      • Re: file level encryption on mysqlReindl Harald5 Feb
        • Re: file level encryption on mysqlMike Franon5 Feb
          • RE: file level encryption on mysqlRick James5 Feb
            • Re: file level encryption on mysqlspameden12 Mar