List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Rick James Date:February 4 2013 8:24pm
Subject:RE: Question about Innodb
View as plain text
Meta info about the tables is stored in ibdata1.  Hence, it is not possible to copy just
the .ibd file to another database or machine.  5.6.x will remedy this with some
export/import commands that do not involve reading/writing the rows individually.  (Ditto
for moving partitions.)

(Sorry, I don't know the exact fields in ibdata1.)

Thread
Question about InnodbWayne Leutwyler4 Feb
  • RE: Question about InnodbRick James4 Feb