List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Reindl Harald Date:February 3 2013 5:57pm
Subject:Re: file level encryption on mysql
View as plain text

Am 03.02.2013 18:52, schrieb Mike Franon:
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering what type of encryption for linux would you recommend
> to encrypt the database files on the OS level? I had a hard time
> starting the database after I moved it to a partiton with encryptFS
>
> I only need 3 tables encrypted and know it is better to do it from the
> application, but unfortunately that cannot happen for a while.
>
> Has anyone done OS file level encryption, and if so which one did they use?

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Dm-crypt_with_LUKS

but this all is useless in case of intrusion because the FS
is unlocked and you have no gain - FS encryption only matters
if your notebook or disks get stolen which is unlikely on a server

file level encryption on mysqlMike Franon3 Feb
  • Re: file level encryption on mysqlReindl Harald3 Feb
    • Re: file level encryption on mysqlMike Franon5 Feb
      • Re: file level encryption on mysqlReindl Harald5 Feb
        • Re: file level encryption on mysqlMike Franon5 Feb
          • RE: file level encryption on mysqlRick James5 Feb
            • Re: file level encryption on mysqlspameden12 Mar