List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mike Franon Date:February 3 2013 5:52pm
Subject:file level encryption on mysql
View as plain text
Hi,

I was wondering what type of encryption for linux would you recommend
to encrypt the database files on the OS level? I had a hard time
starting the database after I moved it to a partiton with encryptFS

I only need 3 tables encrypted and know it is better to do it from the
application, but unfortunately that cannot happen for a while.

Has anyone done OS file level encryption, and if so which one did they use?

Thanks
Thread
file level encryption on mysqlMike Franon3 Feb
  • Re: file level encryption on mysqlReindl Harald3 Feb
    • Re: file level encryption on mysqlMike Franon5 Feb
      • Re: file level encryption on mysqlReindl Harald5 Feb
        • Re: file level encryption on mysqlMike Franon5 Feb
          • RE: file level encryption on mysqlRick James5 Feb
            • Re: file level encryption on mysqlspameden12 Mar