List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Reindl Harald Date:February 3 2013 4:07pm
Subject:Re: log sequence number InnoDB: is in the future!?
View as plain text

Am 03.02.2013 15:30, schrieb Larry Martell:
> We also ended up dropping the database and restoring from dumps.
> However all recent dumps ended up having a similar corruption and we
> were still getting the same errors. We had to go back to an October
> dump before it would come up cleanly. And our db is fairly large, and
> it takes around 4 hours to load a dump. We were working on this Friday
> from 8:30 AM until 4AM Saturday before we got it going. And now we're
> trying to recall all the alters we did since then, and reload all the
> data since then, most of which is in files we can import. The only
> thing we don't have is the manual updates done. All in all a total
> disaster and something that will make us rethink our procedures.
> Perhaps we'll look at replication, although I don't know if that would
> have helped in this case

replication is the way to go

> "We had to go back to an October dump"

well with a replication savle you have

a) good changes that not both are corrupt
b) can stop the salve for backup it and skip useless dumps
c) restore a backup of a slave with rsync is MUCH faster

log sequence number InnoDB: is in the future!?walter harms28 Jan
  • Re: log sequence number InnoDB: is in the future!?Andrew Moore28 Jan
    • Re: log sequence number InnoDB: is in the future!?walter harms28 Jan
      • Re: log sequence number InnoDB: is in the future!?Reindl Harald28 Jan
  • Re: log sequence number InnoDB: is in the future!?Manuel Arostegui28 Jan
    • Re: log sequence number InnoDB: is in the future!?walter harms28 Jan
      • Re: log sequence number InnoDB: is in the future!?Andrew Moore28 Jan
        • Re: log sequence number InnoDB: is in the future!?walter harms29 Jan
  • Re: log sequence number InnoDB: is in the future!?Larry Martell2 Feb
    • Re: log sequence number InnoDB: is in the future!?walter harms3 Feb
      • Re: log sequence number InnoDB: is in the future!?Larry Martell3 Feb
        • Re: log sequence number InnoDB: is in the future!?Reindl Harald3 Feb
        • Re: log sequence number InnoDB: is in the future!?Manuel Arostegui4 Feb
          • RE: log sequence number InnoDB: is in the future!?Benjamin Stillman4 Feb