List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:walter harms Date:February 3 2013 2:23pm
Subject:Re: log sequence number InnoDB: is in the future!?
View as plain text

Am 02.02.2013 01:34, schrieb Larry Martell:
> On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 5:01 AM, walter harms <wharms@stripped> wrote:
>> hi list,
>>
>> i am using mysql 5.1.53.
>> after a crash i have the follwing error in my log:
>>
>> 130128 10:45:25  InnoDB: Error: page 61 log sequence number 0 2871649158
>> InnoDB: is in the future! Current system log sequence number 0 2494349480.
>> InnoDB: Your database may be corrupt or you may have copied the InnoDB
>> InnoDB: tablespace but not the InnoDB log files. See
>> InnoDB: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/forcing-recovery.html
>> InnoDB: for more information.
>>
>> according to the doc's at
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/forcing-innodb-recovery.html
>> I need to restore the database from scratch (short version). What i do not
> understand is what
>> exactly is broken ?  Whole DBM ? One Instance ? (mysqlcheck says all tables are
> ok).
>>
>> Not all tables are INNODB. Is is possible to restore only immodb tables ? (Having
> fun with forgein keys)
>>
>> Or is there a better way to handle this ?
>

> We had the same thing happen to us today. We had a power hit and when
> the server came back we got the log sequences numbers in the future
> message. We were able to dump the
> affected tables, but when we tried to restore them we were not able to
> drop the old tables. When we tried the server crashed with:
>
> InnoDB: Failing assertion not_full_n_used >= descr_n_used
>
> We did try booting with innodb_force_recovery at all levels from 1 to
> 6 with the same results.
>
> We still have not figured out what to do. Pretty big disaster.

Yep, a serious problem.
I tried several thinks that came to my mind but this was all useless
i had to drop the database and manualy rm ib_datalog0/1 (?).

Did you already got the funny errormsg about rawpartions ?

I must admit that we made several test before using innodb but we
never had such problem, actualy we are happy with that but that
kind of problems cost me three days of backup replay.

re,
 wh

Thread
log sequence number InnoDB: is in the future!?walter harms28 Jan
  • Re: log sequence number InnoDB: is in the future!?Andrew Moore28 Jan
    • Re: log sequence number InnoDB: is in the future!?walter harms28 Jan
      • Re: log sequence number InnoDB: is in the future!?Reindl Harald28 Jan
  • Re: log sequence number InnoDB: is in the future!?Manuel Arostegui28 Jan
    • Re: log sequence number InnoDB: is in the future!?walter harms28 Jan
      • Re: log sequence number InnoDB: is in the future!?Andrew Moore28 Jan
        • Re: log sequence number InnoDB: is in the future!?walter harms29 Jan
  • Re: log sequence number InnoDB: is in the future!?Larry Martell2 Feb
    • Re: log sequence number InnoDB: is in the future!?walter harms3 Feb
      • Re: log sequence number InnoDB: is in the future!?Larry Martell3 Feb
        • Re: log sequence number InnoDB: is in the future!?Reindl Harald3 Feb
        • Re: log sequence number InnoDB: is in the future!?Manuel Arostegui4 Feb
          • RE: log sequence number InnoDB: is in the future!?Benjamin Stillman4 Feb