List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Karen Abgarian Date:January 9 2013 5:22pm
Subject:Re: Help restoring database: MacOS Server (Snow Leopard)
View as plain text
Hi,

It is not very surprising that the database cannot recover from a Time Machine backup.
This generally applies to any software that is running at the moment the backup is taken.
  The InnoDB is especially sensitive to taking what is called a 'dirty' backup because it
has a cache.   You may get some luck with innodb_force_recovery.   Either way, it is
going to be unpleasant experience best avoided by mysql-specific backup strategy.

Peace
Karen.