List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Reindl Harald Date:January 9 2013 3:39pm
Subject:Re: Help restoring database: MacOS Server (Snow Leopard)
View as plain text

Am 09.01.2013 16:33, schrieb Jan Steinman:
> I accidentally dropped a crucial database. My only backup is via Apple's Time
> Machine.
>
> First, I stopped mysqld and copied (via tar) the database in question from the
> backup. Restarted, but drat -- most of the tables were apparently using innodb's ibdata1
> file, as only the MyISAM tables showed up in phpMyAdmin.
>
> I copied the ibdata1, but then mysqld wouldn't start, complaining about no
> mysql.sock, which was odd, because it was there.
>
> I then copied (via tar) the entire set of all databases, but am still having
> problems, I think related to Time Machine's ACL lists and extended attributes.

what means "i think"

jesus show us the mysqld log

Help restoring database: MacOS Server (Snow Leopard)Jan Steinman9 Jan
  • Re: Help restoring database: MacOS Server (Snow Leopard)Reindl Harald9 Jan
  • Re: Help restoring database: MacOS Server (Snow Leopard)Karen Abgarian9 Jan
  • Re: Help restoring database: MacOS Server (Snow Leopard)Jan Steinman10 Jan