List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jan Steinman Date:January 9 2013 3:33pm
Subject:Help restoring database: MacOS Server (Snow Leopard)
View as plain text
I accidentally dropped a crucial database. My only backup is via Apple's Time Machine.

First, I stopped mysqld and copied (via tar) the database in question from the backup.
Restarted, but drat -- most of the tables were apparently using innodb's ibdata1 file, as
only the MyISAM tables showed up in phpMyAdmin.

I copied the ibdata1, but then mysqld wouldn't start, complaining about no mysql.sock,
which was odd, because it was there.

I then copied (via tar) the entire set of all databases, but am still having problems, I
think related to Time Machine's ACL lists and extended attributes.

Anyone have experience and wise words on restoring a database from Time Machine?

Thanks!

:::: Books are associated with communities of writers, printers, proofreaders and a host
of other people with whom the writer interacts... Granted, there are some websites that
provide well written and researched articles and information. Unfortunately, many are
not. The Internet may be more of a time using machine than TV. And its usage is not
always positive. -- Pat Murphy

Help restoring database: MacOS Server (Snow Leopard)Jan Steinman9 Jan
  • Re: Help restoring database: MacOS Server (Snow Leopard)Reindl Harald9 Jan
  • Re: Help restoring database: MacOS Server (Snow Leopard)Karen Abgarian9 Jan
  • Re: Help restoring database: MacOS Server (Snow Leopard)Jan Steinman10 Jan