List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Rick James Date:January 7 2013 6:46pm
Subject:RE: questions about group_concat_max_len
View as plain text
I suspect, without knowing for sure, that the server will preallocate the 16MB (or
whatever) and then proceed to fill it in.  Such a malloc is not costly, and not risky
(unless you have thousands of threads doing the same thing at the same time).

Who cares?  If GROUP_CONCAT() is what you need, then pay whatever the price is.

"If you hit a MySQL limit, you are probably mis-using MySQL."