List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mike O'Krongli Date:December 29 2012 12:44pm
Subject:Re: Query Resulting error
View as plain text
Hi

To me it looks like quantity is being multiplied by the price and then added to total.

Try something like this

SELECT total,(quantity*price) as QP from sales where total !=QP AND salesid=122

On 2012-12-29, at 7:25 AM, Trimurthy wrote:

> hi,
>      i am working with mysql 5.1.36 and i wrote the following query.
>
>   select total,quantity*price from sales where total != quantity*price and
> salesid=122;
>
>   OUT PUT:
>
>   total        quatity*price
>  330.46       330.46
>
> here quantity is 15.5 and price is 21.32
>
> both the values and data types are double(total,quantity and price). can
> anyone tell me why this is happening.
>
>             Normal   0               false   false   false      EN-US
> X-NONE   AR-SA
>

> Thanks & Kind Regards,
> TRIMURTHY

Thread
Query Resulting errorTrimurthy29 Dec
  • Re: Query Resulting errorMike O'Krongli29 Dec
  • RE: Query Resulting errorRick James7 Jan