List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Akshay Suryavanshi Date:December 13 2012 7:45am
Subject:Re: using LIMIT without ORDER BY
View as plain text
I am not sure, but if its a MyISAM table, it should be ordered by the
records insertion order, and in case of InnoDB it should be ordered by the
clustered index, not necessarily it should be a defined one.

On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 12:58 PM, jiangwen jiang <jiangwen127@stripped>wrote:

> hi, all:
>
> There's a confusion. I want to get all the data in table t by pages, using
> Limit SQL without ORDER BY:
> SELECT * FROM t Limit 0,10
> SELECT * FROM t Limit 10, 10
>
> Is it right without ORDER BY?
> Is there any default order in table t, to make suer I can get all data in
> the table?
>
> Thanks
> Regards!
>
> White

Thread
using LIMIT without ORDER BYjiangwen jiang13 Dec
  • Re: using LIMIT without ORDER BYAkshay Suryavanshi13 Dec
    • Re: using LIMIT without ORDER BYJohan De Meersman13 Dec