List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:hsv Date:December 12 2012 1:52am
Subject:CONCAT_WS and NULL
View as plain text
This is, maybe, a question of taste. I find it useful in the aggregate functions that they
ignore all NULLs that come under their purview, but yield NULL if nothing else comes. Now,
CONCAT_WS is no aggregate function, but is like them in that it ignores all NULLs that
come its way, aside from the first argument, the separator. If all are NULL, it yields
empty string. I now find that I wish that in this, too, it were like the aggregate
functions, yielding NULL if its arguments are NULL. Comment?

Thread
CONCAT_WS and NULLhsv12 Dec