List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Girish Talluru Date:December 11 2012 5:45am
Subject:Problem accessing phpmyadmin using IP from remote machine
View as plain text
Hi Guys,

I have environment as specified below.

Main server: Windows Server 2008
Virtual Box:  Oracle VM
VM OS: Ubuntu

Inside Ubuntu I downloaded and configured Apache, MySql, PHP and PhpMyadmin
individually following an article which is mentioned below.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ApacheMySQLPHP

IP Configuration:
LAN Address: 192.168.1.9
VirtualBox Address: 192.168.56.1

As mentioned in the file I commented the bind address in my.cnf file.

Using http://localhost/phpmyadmin or http://127.0.0.1/phpmyadmin I could
able to access the phpmyadmin but when I tried with the LAN/VM address
http://192.168.1.0/phpmyadmin or http://192.168.56.1/phpmyadmin

I'm trying this because I have requirement to access phpmyadmin from other
machines in LAN.

I tried to change the bind address to VM and LAN address and checked it is
also not working.

Can anyone suggest where am I thinking wrong?

Suggestions please.

Thanks,
Girish Talluru

Thread
Problem accessing phpmyadmin using IP from remote machineGirish Talluru11 Dec
  • Re: Problem accessing phpmyadmin using IP from remote machineabhishek jain11 Dec
    • Re: Problem accessing phpmyadmin using IP from remote machineGirish Talluru11 Dec