List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:December 10 2012 12:33pm
Subject:Re: MySQL Replication Error
View as plain text

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Néstor" <rotsen@stripped>
>
> I spoke to soon!!!
> Here is the error about 1.5 hours after replication  has started.
>      121205 16:39:51 [ERROR] Slave: Error 'Duplicate entry '3468897'
>      for

Yes, that's what you get for running SQL_SLAVE_SKIP_COUNTER without knowing what the
problem is.

Your database is now nicely out of sync, and hopefully it's just the watchdog.

The *proper* way of resolving this is to resync the entire database. You *may* get away
with deleting watchdog entry 3468897 and restarting replication as someone has suggested,
but I suspect you'll find another half-million of them.

Look at the Percona Toolkit, specifically mk-table-checksum and mk-table-sync, understand
how they work and then apply them. If there's too many differences by now, your only
recourse will be to completely reprovision the slave, though.

--
Linux Bier Wanderung 2012, now also available in Belgium!
August, 12 to 19, Diksmuide, Belgium - http://lbw2012.tuxera.be
Thread
MySQL Replication ErrorNéstor30 Nov
  • RE: MySQL Replication ErrorRick James30 Nov
    • Re: MySQL Replication ErrorReindl Harald30 Nov
      • Re: MySQL Replication Errordivesh kamra5 Dec
        • Re: MySQL Replication ErrorJohan De Meersman5 Dec
          • Re: MySQL Replication ErrorNéstor6 Dec
  • Re: MySQL Replication ErrorManuel Arostegui5 Dec
    • Re: MySQL Replication ErrorNéstor6 Dec
      • Re: MySQL Replication ErrorIgor Shevtsov6 Dec
      • Re: MySQL Replication ErrorIgor Shevtsov6 Dec
      • Re: MySQL Replication ErrorJohan De Meersman10 Dec
Re: MySQL Replication ErrorNéstor7 Dec
  • Re: MySQL Replication ErrorIgor Shevtsov7 Dec