List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Karen Abgarian Date:January 1 1970 12:00am
Subject:Re: MySQL dying?
View as plain text
MySQL, like all other products, can be peachy or bitchy.   Good ones, they also die.
Wish I was kidding :-)

On Dec 4, 2012, at 2:37 PM, Andrés Tello wrote:

> Are u kidding?
>
> Mysql is dead easy and damn good... obviously it has its perks, but any database
> engine has them... (I'm looking at you DB2)...
>
> There has been a lot of improvements lately, I "feel" that mysql is moving much more
> faster under oracle umbrella than when it was alone...
>
> Replication... omg, replicacion is DEAD easy! so easy, that usually you doublecheck
> things just because you are unsure that is SO easy...
>
> Partitioning, views, storeprocedures, explain and analise are good enough... it
> simply work... I never, ever had a database corruption (I'm looking at to you Mssql!) ...
>

> I have tables with more the 5millon rows, noproblem, I have a table with more than 40
> millon rows... and of course I have troubles, but always, always been resolved...
>
> Mysql is... wonderful, it just works... You want it to "work as a storage with out
> integrity?", done.. with integrity? done, replicaion, encryption, secure connections,
> partition... name your feature!
>

> On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 12:50 PM, Singer Wang <wang@stripped> wrote:
> Lol! Good point Karen!
>

> On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 1:02 PM, Karen Abgarian <abvk@stripped> wrote:
>
> > A touch of realism: we are all dying.   For some, it may take a while,
> > hopefully.
> >
> > On 04.12.2012, at 9:53, Tim Pownall wrote:
> >
> > > Mysql is used by just about every web host and is one of the most common
> > > database servers around the world. I do not have any intent to stop using
> > > mysql unless they start charging for it which I do not think will happen.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Tim Pownall
> > > Sr. Linux Systems Monitoring
> > > Hostgator.com LLC

> > shifting

> > > --
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Tim Pownall
> > > GNU/Linux Systems Monitoring
> > > 610-621-9712
> > > pownalltim@stripped
> >

> > --

MySQL dying?Anthony Pace4 Dec
  • Re: MySQL dying?Tim Pownall4 Dec
  • Re: MySQL dying?Karen Abgarian4 Dec
    • RE: MySQL dying?Rick James4 Dec
    • Re: MySQL dying?Singer Wang4 Dec
      • Re: MySQL dying?AndrĂ©s Tello4 Dec
  • Re: MySQL dying?Karen Abgarian4 Dec
    • Re: MySQL dying?hsv5 Dec
    • Re: MySQL dying?Andrew Moore5 Dec
  • Re: MySQL dying?Johan De Meersman5 Dec