List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:amit Date:December 3 2012 1:40pm
Subject:MUltiple value in single insert is not working in mysql procedure
View as plain text
Hi Team,

I am not able to use multi value insert via argument in mysql stored
procedure, Please help where am I wrong. Thanks in Advance !

mysql> insert into input_data1 values(7777),(6666),(5555),(9999);
Query OK, 4 rows affected (0.00 sec)

*Problem*
mysql> call mobile_series1('(99889988),(12334565)');
+-----------------------+
| mobile                |
+-----------------------+
| (99889988),(12334565) |
+-----------------------+
1 row in set (0.01 sec)

instead of 2 rows in table its only one row.

*Function Code:*

|DELIMITER|
DROP  PROCEDURE  IF  EXISTS  mobile_series1;
CREATE  PROCEDURE  mobile_series1(IN  str text)
     LANGUAGE SQL     READS SQL DATA
     BEGIN
          DROP  TABLE  IF  EXISTS  input_data1;
          CREATE  TEMPORARYTABLE  input_data1(mobile varchar(1000))  engine=memory;
          INSERT  INTO  input_data1(mobile)  VALUES  (str);
	 SELECT * FROM input_data1;
  END  |
DELIMITER;

--
Best Regards
Amit Jain

** Message has been scanned by Emergic MailServ **

MUltiple value in single insert is not working in mysql procedureamit3 Dec
  • Re: MUltiple value in single insert is not working in mysql procedurePeter Brawley3 Dec
  • Re: MUltiple value in single insert is not working in mysqlprocedurehsv3 Dec