List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:walter harms Date:November 30 2012 4:55pm
Subject:Re: Retrieve the values from the table of its max date
View as plain text
perhaps you are looking for something like

select entry,timestamp from table A where A.timestamp=(select max(B.timestamp) from table
B where a.entry=b.entry);

also this oage may be helpful:
http://www.artfulsoftware.com/infotree/queries.php

re,
 wh

Am 30.11.2012 02:39, schrieb hsv@stripped:
> i have a table which contains the columns
> date,sname,age,item,quantity,units.my question is i want to retrieve all
> the values from the table where date=maxdate group by sname how can i get
> those values.
> <<<<<<<<
> A question, I suspect, found in all SQL courses....

Thread
Retrieve the values from the table of its max dateTrimurthy29 Nov
  • Re: Retrieve the values from the table of its max datehsv30 Nov
    • RE: Retrieve the values from the table of its max dateRick James30 Nov
    • Re: Retrieve the values from the table of its max datewalter harms30 Nov