List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chris W Date:November 29 2012 5:44pm
Subject:Update One of Three tables in a single query
View as plain text
I have three tables, TableA, TableB, and TableC each has a unique ID
field, idA, idB, idC respectively each table also has a field called
'Status'.  The id field is always greater than zero.  Now suppose I have
three variables A, B, and C.   Two of them are zero and the other is a
valid ID for the corresponding table.  Only I don't know which one.  Is
there a way to write a single update statement that will update only the
one table that has the matching ID?  I have tired a few different ideas
but none seem worth mentioning here since they all either update too
many records or don't update any records.

Thanks for the help.

Chris W
Thread
Update One of Three tables in a single queryChris W29 Nov
  • Re: Update One of Three tables in a single queryAndrew Moore29 Nov
    • RE: Update One of Three tables in a single queryRick James30 Nov