List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:November 26 2012 9:32am
Subject:Re: Why configuration directives are all case sensitive?
View as plain text
----- Original Message -----
> From: "Eric Bergen" <eric.bergen@stripped>
>
> Anger and OS religious arguments the real answer is that is just how
> the option parsing code works. It doesn't always have to make sense.

Ye gods, it's an outbreak of common sense! Someone quarantine that man before it spreads!

In all seriousness, though, that's a pretty useful explanation. I've never run into the
case sensitivity in configfiles because I'm a lazy bugger, but I never realized they were
just turned into so much commandline options.

Thanks for that.

--
Linux Bier Wanderung 2012, now also available in Belgium!
August, 12 to 19, Diksmuide, Belgium - http://lbw2012.tuxera.be
        • Re: Why configuration directives are all case sensitive?Tianyin Xu19 Nov
          • Re: Why configuration directives are all case sensitive?Reindl Harald19 Nov
            • Re: Why configuration directives are all case sensitive?Karen Abgarian19 Nov
            • Re: Why configuration directives are all case sensitive?Tianyin Xu19 Nov
              • Re: Why configuration directives are all case sensitive?Eric Bergen24 Nov
                • Re: Why configuration directives are all case sensitive?Tianyin Xu24 Nov
                  • Re: Why configuration directives are all case sensitive?Eric Bergen24 Nov
                    • Re: Why configuration directives are all case sensitive?Tianyin Xu24 Nov
                • Re: Why configuration directives are all case sensitive?Johan De Meersman26 Nov