List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Eric Bergen Date:November 24 2012 9:29pm
Subject:Re: Covering Index without the data file (myisam)
View as plain text
MyISAM can't do this but innodb can. If you change to an innodb table
and define your index as the primary key then row data is clustered
with the primary key. This means there is no additional storage
overhead for the primary key because it is just the row data. This
will break down if you define secondary indexes though because the
primary key is copied for each secondary index.

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/innodb-index-types.html

--
Eric Bergen
eric.bergen@stripped