List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Brawley Date:November 23 2012 4:19pm
Subject:Re: Stored Procedure Question?
View as plain text
> when I call a
> stored procedure does the control get backs immediately to the php script?

No, sprocs wil lvery likely slow you down.

Probably best to split the job into several part-tasks (i) read rows into a work buffer,
(ii) walk the work buffer and mark done rows, (iii) walk the done list and insert them.

PB

-----

On 2012-11-22 11:19 PM, Girish Talluru wrote:
> Hi There,
>
> I have a scenario where I have to screen a huge bunch of records for in db
> using certain rules. I have done in traditional php style record by record
> and it took 90 mins for 4000 records. I have 800k - 900k records in
> production which might possibly lead to days of execution.
>
> I have figured out that the php script does wait for the record to execute
> and then only after it it will process the next record. For this if it is
> java I should have used stored procedure and multithreading concept to run
> multiple threads in parallel.
>
> But I don't think PHP supports multithreading. Now I have idea to create a
> stored procedure to do all the checks and my question here is when I call a
> stored procedure does the control get backs immediately to the php script?
> Bcoz I want to pick other record immediately while the first one going
> through the process and call the procedure again.
>
> Thanks,
> Girish Talluru

Thread
Stored Procedure Question?Girish Talluru23 Nov
  • Re: Stored Procedure Question?hsv23 Nov
  • Re: Stored Procedure Question?Peter Brawley23 Nov