List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Girish Talluru Date:November 23 2012 5:19am
Subject:Stored Procedure Question?
View as plain text
Hi There,

I have a scenario where I have to screen a huge bunch of records for in db
using certain rules. I have done in traditional php style record by record
and it took 90 mins for 4000 records. I have 800k - 900k records in
production which might possibly lead to days of execution.

I have figured out that the php script does wait for the record to execute
and then only after it it will process the next record. For this if it is
java I should have used stored procedure and multithreading concept to run
multiple threads in parallel.

But I don't think PHP supports multithreading. Now I have idea to create a
stored procedure to do all the checks and my question here is when I call a
stored procedure does the control get backs immediately to the php script?
Bcoz I want to pick other record immediately while the first one going
through the process and call the procedure again.

Thanks,
Girish Talluru

Thread
Stored Procedure Question?Girish Talluru23 Nov
  • Re: Stored Procedure Question?hsv23 Nov
  • Re: Stored Procedure Question?Peter Brawley23 Nov