List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Dykman Date:November 22 2012 9:16pm
Subject:Re: Basic SELECT help
View as plain text
Mogens,

Platform could not be less relevant to a question of MySql syntax.
The techniques we have been discussing have been available to every
version of MySql post v3.23 and the class/job function he is applying
it to is neither relevant to the problem nor any of our business,
unless he volunteers to share it. Excepting only the working
assumption that he is using a MySql version released in this century,
I don't know how this would have informed my analysis or response.

 - michael dykman

On Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 4:00 PM, Mogens Melander <mogens@stripped> wrote:

> On Thu, November 22, 2012 15:45, Neil Tompkins wrote:
>> Basically I only what to return the IDs that have both types.
>>

> And that's exactly what below statement will return.
>
> You forgot to include what platform you are on,
> which version of MySQL you are running and
> what class you are attending.
>
> All necessary information to provide a sufficient help.
>

>> On Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 2:39 PM, marek gutowski
>> <marek.gutowski@stripped>wrote:
>>
>>> SELECT DISTINCT id FROM table WHERE type IN ('2','5')
>>>
>>> should work

>> --
>> believed to be clean.
>>

> --
> Mogens Melander
> +66 8701 33224

> believed to be clean.

 - michael dykman
 - mdykman@stripped

 May the Source be with you.
Thread
Basic SELECT helpNeil Tompkins22 Nov
  • Re: Basic SELECT helpMike OK22 Nov
  • Re: Basic SELECT helpmarek gutowski22 Nov
    • Re: Basic SELECT helpNeil Tompkins22 Nov
      • Re: Basic SELECT helpBenaya Paul22 Nov
        • Re: Basic SELECT helpNeil Tompkins22 Nov
  • RE: Basic SELECT helpJason Trebilcock22 Nov
    • Re: Basic SELECT helpMichael Dykman22 Nov
      • Re: Basic SELECT helpNeil Tompkins22 Nov
        • Re: Basic SELECT helpMichael Dykman22 Nov
      • Re: Basic SELECT helpNeil Tompkins22 Nov
      • Re: Basic SELECT helpNeil Tompkins22 Nov
      • Re: Basic SELECT helpNeil Tompkins22 Nov
  • Re: Basic SELECT helphsv22 Nov
Re: Basic SELECT helpMogens Melander22 Nov
Re: Basic SELECT helpMogens Melander22 Nov
  • Re: Basic SELECT helpMichael Dykman22 Nov
Re: Basic SELECT helphsv23 Nov
  • Re: Basic SELECT helpShawn Green19 Dec