List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mogens Melander Date:November 22 2012 9:00pm
Subject:Re: Basic SELECT help
View as plain text
On Thu, November 22, 2012 15:45, Neil Tompkins wrote:
> Basically I only what to return the IDs that have both types.

And that's exactly what below statement will return.

You forgot to include what platform you are on,
which version of MySQL you are running and
what class you are attending.

All necessary information to provide a sufficient help.

> On Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 2:39 PM, marek gutowski
> <marek.gutowski@stripped>wrote:
>
>> SELECT DISTINCT id FROM table WHERE type IN ('2','5')
>>
>> should work
>>

>> On 22 November 2012 14:30, Neil Tompkins
>> <neil.tompkins@stripped>wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm struggling with what I think is a basic select but can't think how
>>> do it : My data is
>>>
>>> id,type
>>>
>>> 1000,5
>>> 1001,5
>>> 1002,2
>>> 1001,2
>>> 1003,2
>>> 1005,2

--
Mogens Melander
+66 8701 33224

believed to be clean.

Thread
Basic SELECT helpNeil Tompkins22 Nov
  • Re: Basic SELECT helpMike OK22 Nov
  • Re: Basic SELECT helpmarek gutowski22 Nov
    • Re: Basic SELECT helpNeil Tompkins22 Nov
      • Re: Basic SELECT helpBenaya Paul22 Nov
        • Re: Basic SELECT helpNeil Tompkins22 Nov
  • RE: Basic SELECT helpJason Trebilcock22 Nov
    • Re: Basic SELECT helpMichael Dykman22 Nov
      • Re: Basic SELECT helpNeil Tompkins22 Nov
        • Re: Basic SELECT helpMichael Dykman22 Nov
      • Re: Basic SELECT helpNeil Tompkins22 Nov
      • Re: Basic SELECT helpNeil Tompkins22 Nov
      • Re: Basic SELECT helpNeil Tompkins22 Nov
  • Re: Basic SELECT helphsv22 Nov
Re: Basic SELECT helpMogens Melander22 Nov
Re: Basic SELECT helpMogens Melander22 Nov
  • Re: Basic SELECT helpMichael Dykman22 Nov
Re: Basic SELECT helphsv23 Nov
  • Re: Basic SELECT helpShawn Green19 Dec