List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Stefan Kuhn Date:November 20 2012 3:26pm
Subject:Aw: Re: Change storage engine to InnoDB
View as plain text
> I restored a 700M gzipped dump on MyISAM tables and it took 20 minutes.
> I then replaced the CREATE TABLE statements to use InnoDB, the same restore on the
> same machine took 105 minutes.
> Not a big improvement, isn't it?
> Am I missing something?

I doubt that insert alone (which is what the dump restore does) is a good measurement for
performance. The improvement might be (and, you could say, should be) more in the
selects.
Thread
Aw: Re: Change storage engine to InnoDBStefan Kuhn20 Nov
  • Re: Aw: Re: Change storage engine to InnoDBLorenzo Milesi20 Nov