List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Lorenzo Milesi Date:November 20 2012 3:09pm
Subject:Re: Change storage engine to InnoDB
View as plain text
> InnoDB is _often_ faster than MyISAM.

I restored a 700M gzipped dump on MyISAM tables and it took 20 minutes.
I then replaced the CREATE TABLE statements to use InnoDB, the same restore on the same
machine took 105 minutes.
Not a big improvement, isn't it?
Am I missing something?

Using 5.5.28.

Thanks
--
Lorenzo Milesi - lorenzo.milesi@stripped

GPG/PGP Key-Id: 0xE704E230 - http://keyserver.linux.it

Thread
Change storage engine to InnoDBLorenzo Milesi5 Nov
  • RE: Change storage engine to InnoDBRick James6 Nov
    • Re: Change storage engine to InnoDBLorenzo Milesi6 Nov
    • Re: Change storage engine to InnoDBLorenzo Milesi20 Nov
      • RE: Change storage engine to InnoDBRick James20 Nov
        • Re: Change storage engine to InnoDBLorenzo Milesi21 Nov