List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mogens Melander Date:November 19 2012 2:02pm
Subject:Re: Dynamic crosstab got me lost.
View as plain text
On Mon, November 19, 2012 13:49, Jan Steinman wrote:
>> From: "Mogens Melander" <mogens@stripped>
>>
>> So, I got a little further with my problem. I found an article
>> on:
>>
>> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3122424/dynamic-mysql-query-view-for-crosstab
>>
>> Describing how to do the dynamic generation of SQL statements. That's
>> all good, kind of. The resulting SQL looks like this:
>>
>> SELECT main.code
>> , IF(iconstandardrel.icon = 4,1,0) AS 'internationalt_produkt.eps'
>> , IF(iconstandardrel.icon = 3,1,0) AS 'god_vaerdi.eps'
>> , IF(iconstandardrel.icon = 2,1,0) AS 'for_miljoeets_skyld.eps'
>> , IF(iconstandardrel.icon = 1,1,0) AS 'ergonomisk_produkt.eps'
>> , IF(iconstandardrel.icon = 6,1,0) AS 'saml_selv.eps'
>> , IF(iconstandardrel.icon = 12,1,0) AS 'brandfarlig.eps'
>> FROM iconstandardrel
>> JOIN main ON main.code = iconstandardrel.code
>> JOIN iconstandard ON iconstandard.id = iconstandardrel.icon
>> ORDER BY iconstandardrel.code;
>>
>> Which produces results like:
>>
>> 101577, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0
>> 101679, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0
>> 101679, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0
>> 101681, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0
>> 101748, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0
>> 101748, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0
>>
>> But I would like to have One line per code:
>>
>> 101577, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0
>> 101679, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0
>> 101681, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0
>> 101748, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0
>>
>> Is it possible to achieve this in pure SQL ?
>
> I think you need GROUP BY main.code.

No, that ain't it either. I've tried that.

But thanks anyway :)

I can't figure out what to call this operation, to do a search.
Someone out there must have done this before.

--
Mogens Melander
+66 8701 33224

believed to be clean.

Thread
Dynamic crosstab got me lost.Mogens Melander14 Nov
  • RE: Dynamic crosstab got me lost.Rick James14 Nov
  • RE: Dynamic crosstab got me lost.Mogens Melander14 Nov
    • Re: Dynamic crosstab got me lost.Peter Brawley15 Nov
  • Re: Dynamic crosstab got me lost.Mogens Melander19 Nov
    • Re: Dynamic crosstab got me lost.hsv20 Nov
Re: Dynamic crosstab got me lost.Jan Steinman19 Nov
  • Re: Dynamic crosstab got me lost.Mogens Melander19 Nov
    • Re: Dynamic crosstab got me lost.Shawn Green19 Nov
      • Re: Dynamic crosstab got me lost.Mogens Melander20 Nov
  • Re: Dynamic crosstab got me lost.hsv19 Nov