List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Karen Abgarian Date:November 19 2012 2:40am
Subject:Re: Why configuration directives are all case sensitive?
View as plain text
It is always fun to watch people get into a conflict about something silly and
unimportant...

On 18.11.2012, at 18:13, Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 19.11.2012 02:07, schrieb Tianyin Xu:
>> You are saying as long as admins are careful, there's no misconfiguration?
>> But why misconfigurations are so pervasive?
>> Simply because the admins are not careful enough?
>
> yes
>
>> I apologize for my lack of respect. I don't know what's your stuff, but
>> I guess they'll be more popular if you make them more friendly.
>
> it does not need to be more popular
> it is better not to be too popular but working clean and safe
>
> careless working these days means usually also not care
> about security which is not acceptable htese days and i
> know a lot of crap out there which is more popluar like
> my work but with crappy quality and terrible insecure
>
> see all this CMS sytems out there writing hundrets of
> warnings each request with error_reporting E_STRICT
> while my whole source code runs clean i know who is right
>
> really:
> if you find it useful to complain why a configuration is
> case-sensitive instead accept it and correct your fault
> you are doing the wrong job

Thread
Why configuration directives are all case sensitive?Tianyin Xu18 Nov
  • Re: Why configuration directives are all case sensitive?Reindl Harald18 Nov
    • Re: Why configuration directives are all case sensitive?Tianyin Xu19 Nov
      • Re: Why configuration directives are all case sensitive?Reindl Harald19 Nov
        • Re: Why configuration directives are all case sensitive?Tianyin Xu19 Nov
          • Re: Why configuration directives are all case sensitive?Reindl Harald19 Nov
            • Re: Why configuration directives are all case sensitive?Karen Abgarian19 Nov
            • Re: Why configuration directives are all case sensitive?Tianyin Xu19 Nov
              • Re: Why configuration directives are all case sensitive?Eric Bergen24 Nov
                • Re: Why configuration directives are all case sensitive?Tianyin Xu24 Nov
                  • Re: Why configuration directives are all case sensitive?Eric Bergen24 Nov
                    • Re: Why configuration directives are all case sensitive?Tianyin Xu24 Nov
                • Re: Why configuration directives are all case sensitive?Johan De Meersman26 Nov