List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sabika Makhdoom Date:November 17 2012 8:10am
Subject:Re: installing mysql from src
View as plain text
You can specify installation directory when you run the installer script instead of make.
Also update the MySQL base and data directories in the mysql.server file under the
support files directory. You can copy that file to /etc/init.d and add MySQL to chkconfig

Sabika

Life was meant to be mobile

On Nov 16, 2012, at 10:34 AM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl@stripped> wrote:

> Am 16.11.2012 19:21, schrieb Érico:
>> I have followed the steps from bellow to install mysql from src on my linux
>> ( red hat 6 ) :
>>
>> shell> groupadd mysql
>> shell> useradd -r -g mysql mysql
>> # Beginning of source-build specific instructions
>> shell> tar zxvf mysql-VERSION.tar.gz
>> shell> cd mysql-VERSION
>> shell> cmake .
>> shell> make
>> shell> make install
>>
>> all these as root
>> the point is that it did not install into /usr/local but into /usr/share
>
> first:
> why do you not take the src.rpm and modify the SPEC-file
> to install in /usr/local and build a RPM with a
> restricted user?
>
> building software directly and especially as root leads sooner or later
> in all kind of troubles because there will be orphaned files over the
> long and if oyu make any  mistake you spit files all over the system
> while rpmbuild is chained and restricted if it doe snot run as root and
> makes sure you have each time you start the build a clean buildroot
>
> yes, learn to use rpmbuild takes a little time
> but after have it running you save much more and
> with "rpmbuild -bs mysql.spec" you can build your
> src.rpm to backup and re-use it on any machine
>
>> 121116 14:50:18 [ERROR] Column count of mysql.proc is wrong. Expected 20,
>> found 16. Created with MySQL 50080, now running 50504. Please use
>> mysql_upgrade to fix this error
>
> clear after upgrade to another major version
>
>> ERROR: 1558  Column count of mysql.proc is wrong. Expected 20, found 16.
>> Created with MySQL 50080, now running 50504. Please use mysql_upgrade to
>> fix this error.
>> 121116 14:50:18 [ERROR] Aborting
>>
>> but I CAN NOT update MySQL ... it doesn allow me to :
>>
>> [root@ericomtx bin]# ./mysql_upgrade
>> Looking for 'mysql' as: ./mysql
>> Looking for 'mysqlcheck' as: ./mysqlcheck
>> Running 'mysqlcheck with default connection arguments
>> ./mysqlcheck: Got error: 2002: Can't connect to local MySQL server through
>> socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) when trying to connect
>
> well, configure your client and server correctly
> to the same socket fileor use at least the
> command-line option --socket=
>
> mysql_upgrade --help is your friend
> _____________________________
>
> /etc/my.cnf:
> [mysqld]
> socket = /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
>
> [client]
> socket = /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
>
> [mysqladmin]
> socket= /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
>
> [mysqld_safe]
> socket = /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock

Thread
installing mysql from src√Črico16 Nov
  • Re: installing mysql from srcReindl Harald16 Nov
    • Re: installing mysql from srcSabika Makhdoom17 Nov