List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:hsv Date:November 15 2012 3:47pm
Subject:Re: Issue regarding the import of the date from csv file to
the table in the database in mysql
View as plain text
I guess I'm sill learning.

Does that mean that, if the last column in a load blabla. is a 0000-00-00
terminated by ^n it might error ? Or are we talking ODBC ?
<<<<<<<<
Find it under LOAD DATA ....

If an empty field is parsed for a NOT NULL DATE or DATETIME, instead of reporting error as
in strict mode, the parser makes the date 0000-00-00--Maybe in ODBC, too, which I do not
know, but certainly from character input. (I regularly use CSV files with MySQL, although
the match is not perfect.) This is a particular case of "zero" (see LOAD DATA) for any NOT
NULL type.

Thread
Issue regarding the import of the date from csv file to the table inthe database in mysqlsagar bs14 Nov
  • Re: Issue regarding the import of the date from csv file to the tablein the database in mysqlLarry Martell14 Nov
  • Re: Issue regarding the import of the date from csv file tothe table in the database in mysqlhsv14 Nov
    • Re: Issue regarding the import of the date from csv file to the tablein the database in mysqlsagar bs14 Nov
      • Re: Issue regarding the import of the date from csv file tothe table in the database in mysqlhsv14 Nov
        • Re: Issue regarding the import of the date from csv file to the table in the database in mysqlMogens Melander14 Nov
          • Re: Issue regarding the import of the date from csv file tothe table in the database in mysqlhsv15 Nov