List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Reindl Harald Date:November 15 2012 11:57am
Subject:Re: Replication between different versions
View as plain text

Am 15.11.2012 12:46, schrieb Manuel Arostegui:
> 2012/11/15 Lorenzo Milesi <maxxer@stripped>
>
>> Hi.
>>
>> Is it possible to have a master/master replication between servers of
>> different versions?
>> Now I've two 5.0.51 syncing themselves. I'm installing a new server with
>> 5.5.28 and I'd like if I can upgrade but still mantaining compatibility.
>> Otherwise I'll keep on installing the same version...
>

> You should have no problem as long as you're not using some feature not
> supported anymore in 5.5 version

this is not really true

the slave should have the higher version because you can
not control which statements the master writes to the binlog

generally you should not mix exepct for update both starting
with the slave

Replication between different versionsLorenzo Milesi15 Nov
  • Re: Replication between different versionsManuel Arostegui15 Nov
    • Re: Replication between different versionsLorenzo Milesi15 Nov
    • Re: Replication between different versionsReindl Harald15 Nov