List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:sagar bs Date:November 14 2012 12:57pm
Subject:Re: Issue regarding the import of the date from csv file to the table
in the database in mysql
View as plain text
Hi,

There are four  columns in my table named like account_name, c1, c2 and c3.
Account name is the primary key and c1, c2 contain two different dates and
in the column c2 there are few fields  showing 0000/00/00,  now i need to
get the date different(in days)
between the dates present in the c1 and c2. That days should be shown in
the c3. please help me out.

On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 3:46 PM, <hsv@stripped> wrote:

> As i have the data with some 25 variables in csv file and i need to import
> to mysql.
> The issue is that the date format in csv file is dd/mm/yyyy and mysql takes
> the date format like yyyy/mm/dd.
> The  number of variables in the csv file are same in the table in database
> of mysql.
> Please help me out.
> <<<<<<<<
> Use LOAD DATA s feature of in the same SQL statement importing into a user
> variable and using it with SET, using the function STR_TO_DATE:
>
> load data ...
> (..., @dait, ...) ...
> SET Sins = STR_TO_DATE(@dait, '%d/%m/%Y')
>
> . It is not important how many decimal digits match each pattern, but it
> cannot match variation in the separators.
>
> It is required that NULLs in the file take the form '\N' or 'NULL',
> depending on escape-option.

Regards

SAGAR B S

Thread
Issue regarding the import of the date from csv file to the table inthe database in mysqlsagar bs14 Nov
  • Re: Issue regarding the import of the date from csv file to the tablein the database in mysqlLarry Martell14 Nov
  • Re: Issue regarding the import of the date from csv file tothe table in the database in mysqlhsv14 Nov
    • Re: Issue regarding the import of the date from csv file to the tablein the database in mysqlsagar bs14 Nov
      • Re: Issue regarding the import of the date from csv file tothe table in the database in mysqlhsv14 Nov
        • Re: Issue regarding the import of the date from csv file to the table in the database in mysqlMogens Melander14 Nov
          • Re: Issue regarding the import of the date from csv file tothe table in the database in mysqlhsv15 Nov