List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Todd Lyons Date:November 12 2012 5:38pm
Subject:Re: Assistance with replication
View as plain text
On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 5:21 AM, Machiel Richards - Gmail
<machiel.richards@stripped> wrote:
>         1. the fact that the slaves say "seconds behind master = 0" does not
> neccesarily mean that repliication is working as I have found this a lot of
> times where it shows 0 then have proven that replication was not working
> (I.e. data not being processed on the slave). The 0 seconds simply means
> that it has read all the data but does not mean that it has been processed
> or up to date.
>         2. the Exec_Master_Log_Pos and Master_Log_File are in fact out of
> sync with the master (i.e. on the master the file and log position are way
> ahead of the slaves by about 9 hours).
>         3. We have tested replication by creating a test table in the
> database with some data and it was not replicated to the slaves.

show global variables like 'slave_net_timeout';

I'll bet it's some giant number so the slave just doesn't realize that
it's lost its connection.

...Todd
Assistance with replicationMachiel Richards - Gmail12 Nov
  • Re: Assistance with replicationManuel Arostegui12 Nov
    • Re: Assistance with replicationMachiel Richards - Gmail12 Nov
      • Re: Assistance with replicationManuel Arostegui12 Nov
      • Re: Assistance with replicationTodd Lyons12 Nov
  • Re: Assistance with replicationIgor Shevtsov12 Nov
    • Re: Assistance with replicationdivesh kamra14 Nov