List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Machiel Richards - Gmail Date:November 12 2012 1:21pm
Subject:Re: Assistance with replication
View as plain text
Hi Manuel

         Please take careful note of what I have stated in the original
mail.

         1. the fact that the slaves say "seconds behind master = 0"
does not neccesarily mean that repliication is working as I have found
this a lot of times where it shows 0 then have proven that replication
was not working (I.e. data not being processed on the slave). The 0
seconds simply means that it has read all the data but does not mean
that it has been processed or up to date.

         2. the Exec_Master_Log_Pos and Master_Log_File are in fact out
of sync with the master (i.e. on the master the file and log position
are way ahead of the slaves by about 9 hours).

         3. We have tested replication by creating a test table in the
database with some data and it was not replicated to the slaves.

Regards
Machiel

On 11/12/2012 03:11 PM, Manuel Arostegui wrote:

> 2012/11/12 Machiel Richards - Gmail <machiel.richards@stripped
> <mailto:machiel.richards@stripped>>
>
>     Hi Guys
>
>             We need some assistance with a master slave setup we are
>     experiencing some issues with.
>
>             We have one master with 2 slaves replicating from it.
>
>             Both the slaves stopped working this morning in the early
>     hours at exactly the same bin_log file and position.
>
>             We have since restarted the slave servers and when you run
>     a "show slave status" the seconds behind master stays "0".
>

>             Upon closer investigation, the Relay_Master_Log_File and
>     Exec_Master_Log_Pos does not change, although all other values are
>     changing.
>
>             No errors are being logged, and there is enough disk space
>     on the server so it can't be space related.
>

>             Can anyone suggest some things we can check or do in order
>     to get replication sorted and to avoid future issues like this?
>

> Hello Machiel,
>
> If seconds behind the master is at 0 it means the replication is
> working fine - it's not broken (broken would show NULL)
> What you can do to make sure both machines are indeed replicating all
> the data arriving to the master is:
>
> Master: show master status\G
> Check File and Position field
>
> Slave: show slave status\G
> Check Exec_Master_Log_Pos and Master_Log_File
>
> The should be the same in both, master and slaves.
> Keep in mind these values will change if the master is getting writes.
> So try to run the commands at the same time in the 3 servers.
>
> Good luck!
> Manuel.

Thread
Assistance with replicationMachiel Richards - Gmail12 Nov
  • Re: Assistance with replicationManuel Arostegui12 Nov
    • Re: Assistance with replicationMachiel Richards - Gmail12 Nov
      • Re: Assistance with replicationManuel Arostegui12 Nov
      • Re: Assistance with replicationTodd Lyons12 Nov
  • Re: Assistance with replicationIgor Shevtsov12 Nov
    • Re: Assistance with replicationdivesh kamra14 Nov