List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Benjamin Stillman Date:November 7 2012 3:09pm
Subject:RE: How to verify mysqldump files
View as plain text
In the past when I used mysqldump, I used a slave database for backups and periodically
testing restores.

My process for testing:
- Stop the slave process (so the db doesn't get updated).
- Run the backup.
- Create restore_test database.
- Restore the backup to the restore_test database.
- Use mysqldbcompare to compare the two databases.
- Drop restore_test database.
- Start the slave process.

I have this scripted so it just runs and emails me the results.

Useful link:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/workbench//en/mysqldbcompare.html