List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gary Date:November 7 2012 12:51pm
Subject:How to verify mysqldump files
View as plain text
Can anyone suggest how I could verify that the files created by
mysqldump are "okay"? They are being created for backup purposes, and
the last thing I want to do is find out that the backups themselves are
in some way corrupt.

I know I can check the output of the command itself, but what if.. I
don't know... if there are problems with the disc it writes to, or
something like that. Is there any way to check whether the output file
is "valid" in the sense that it is complete and syntactically correct?

--
Gary        Please do NOT send me 'courtesy' replies off-list.

Thread
How to verify mysqldump filesGary7 Nov
  • Re: How to verify mysqldump filesClaudio Nanni7 Nov
    • Re: How to verify mysqldump filesAnanda Kumar7 Nov
      • Re: How to verify mysqldump filesManuel Arostegui7 Nov
  • RE: How to verify mysqldump filesBenjamin Stillman7 Nov
    • RE: How to verify mysqldump filesRick James7 Nov