List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:hsv Date:November 5 2012 6:02pm
Subject:Re: UDF behaves non-deterministic
View as plain text
select * from table order by udf(column, 'input_value') desc;
For my understanding, this should give the same result always.
<<<<<<<<
But if for your data function "udf" returns the same for more arguments there is not
enough to fix the order. In that case I have found that other accidental things affect
the order, things that one would not suspect: howmuch store is used and needed for the
ordering, ... a further reason for showing what the function returns. If the order
varies, although the function returns the same in all cases, well, ....

Thread
UDF behaves non-deterministicStefan Kuhn4 Nov
  • Re: UDF behaves non-deterministicDan Nelson5 Nov
  • Re: UDF behaves non-deterministicwalter harms5 Nov
  • Re: UDF behaves non-deterministichsv5 Nov
    • Re: UDF behaves non-deterministicStefan Kuhn5 Nov
Re: UDF behaves non-deterministicMichael Dykman4 Nov
  • Re: UDF behaves non-deterministicStefan Kuhn4 Nov