List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:hsv Date:November 5 2012 6:02pm
Subject:Re: UDF behaves non-deterministic
View as plain text
select * from table order by udf(column, 'input_value') desc;
For my understanding, this should give the same result always.
But if for your data function "udf" returns the same for more arguments there is not
enough to fix the order. In that case I have found that other accidental things affect the
order, things that one would not suspect: howmuch store is used and needed for the
ordering, ... a further reason for showing what the function returns. If the order varies,
although the function returns the same in all cases, well, ....

UDF behaves non-deterministicStefan Kuhn4 Nov
  • Re: UDF behaves non-deterministicDan Nelson5 Nov
  • Re: UDF behaves non-deterministicwalter harms5 Nov
  • Re: UDF behaves non-deterministichsv5 Nov
    • Re: UDF behaves non-deterministicStefan Kuhn5 Nov
Re: UDF behaves non-deterministicMichael Dykman4 Nov
  • Re: UDF behaves non-deterministicStefan Kuhn4 Nov