List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dimitre Radoulov Date:November 1 2012 10:49am
Subject:Re: Mysql backup for large databases
View as plain text
On 01/11/2012 11.28, Machiel Richards - Gmail wrote:
[...]
>      I am busy investigating some options relating to the backup for
> MySQL databases when they get quite large.
>
>     When using the MySQL enterprise, there is the option to use the
> MySQL enterprise backup as it is part of the Enterprise license.
>
>         However, when using the GA (freely available) versions, the
> options for backups on large databases seems to be a bit limited.
[...]

Hi Machiel,
I'm currently evaluating Percona xtrabackup for the same reasons.
A few notes:
  - backup/restore times will be definitely shorter compered to mysqldump
  - MyISAM tables will be locked for consistency during the backup (just
like with MEB or mysqldump). This is optional, but it's required
      if you want a consistent backup
  - if I read the documentation correctly, the only way to restore a
single database in a consolidated environment is to use the -export
option AND percona server
     as an import server

Hope this helps
Dimitre
Thread
Mysql backup for large databasesMachiel Richards - Gmail1 Nov
  • Re: Mysql backup for large databasesDimitre Radoulov1 Nov
  • Re: Mysql backup for large databasesReindl Harald1 Nov
    • RE: Mysql backup for large databasesRick James1 Nov
      • Re: Mysql backup for large databasesSinger Wang1 Nov
        • Re: Mysql backup for large databasesReindl Harald1 Nov
          • Re: Mysql backup for large databasesSinger Wang1 Nov
            • Re: Mysql backup for large databasesReindl Harald1 Nov
              • Re: Mysql backup for large databasesmachiel.richards1 Nov
  • Re: Mysql backup for large databasesKaren Abgarian1 Nov
    • Re: Mysql backup for large databasesManuel Arostegui2 Nov
  • Re: Mysql backup for large databasesKaren Abgarian2 Nov