List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Rick James Date:October 31 2012 9:13pm
Subject:RE: what is stored in /var/lib/mysql_log/ ?
View as plain text
Oh, another issue...

If you have your disk partitioned, and the tmpdir is pointing to a "small" partition, you could run out of room for that reason.

I sometimes find a tiny boot partition (not a terrible idea), plus partitions for /tmp, /var /usr, and maybe others.  (Or C:, D:, etc, if you are that type of person.)

Hence, I _dislike_ splitting disks into separate filesystems.

Thread
what is stored in /var/lib/mysql_log/ ?walter harms28 Oct
  • Re: what is stored in /var/lib/mysql_log/ ?Reindl Harald28 Oct
    • Re: what is stored in /var/lib/mysql_log/ ?walter harms28 Oct
      • RE: what is stored in /var/lib/mysql_log/ ?Rick James31 Oct
        • Re: what is stored in /var/lib/mysql_log/ ?walter harms31 Oct
          • Re: what is stored in /var/lib/mysql_log/ ?Reindl Harald31 Oct