List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Benjamin Stillman Date:October 31 2012 1:42pm
Subject:RE: ndb_restore is not restoring users and grants
View as plain text
By default, the mysql users/privileges tables are MyISAM, not ndbcluster. ndb_mgm backup
won't backup anything other than ndbcluster  tables. The --restore-privilege-tables only
works if you've converted those user and privileges tables to ndbcluster.

From the manual:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/mysql-cluster-programs-ndb-restore.html#option_ndb_restore_restore-privilege-tables

"--restore-privilege-tables

ndb_restore does not by default restore distributed MySQL privilege tables (MySQL Cluster
NDB 7.2.0 and later). This option causes ndb_restore to restore the privilege tables.

This works only if the privilege tables were converted to NDB before the backup was
taken."

I have been using this setup and it works well:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/mysql-cluster-privilege-distribution.html

It basically creates backups of the user and privileges tables, then converts them to
ndbcluster. This allows you to back them up through ndb_mgm and also allows you to use
the same users/privileges across all the SQL nodes in the cluster. Hope this helps.