List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Tim Johnson Date:October 30 2012 5:35pm
Subject:Re: Dumping drupal databases
View as plain text
* Reindl Harald <h.reindl@stripped> [121030 08:49]:
> >The drupal mysql datafiles are located at
> > /Applications/drupal-7.15-0/mysql/data
> >
> > as opposed to /opt/local/var/db/mysql5 for
> > 'customary' mysql.
>
> this crap is outside your mysqldata
 I don't know what you mean by "crap". Sorry.
 Actually I do ... you're about to embark on a rant about Mac.
 Go for it! :)

> and that is why it was suggested that you teporary change
> the datadir of your mysqld to /Applications/drupal-7.15-0/mysql/data
> or if this are only MyISAM-atbles FOR SURE you can simply move
> the database folders in your running mysqld-datadir
  What would you suggest as a fool-proof method to accomplish this?
  I hate to tweak the 'original' my.cnf, I could add a ~/.my.cnf
  but how would I do that without clobbering my 'non-drupal' mysql?

  I want to reiterate that cp -p -r might actually be the solution,
  but have not tried that approach in the past

> typical MacOSX-style to throw things around the whole
> machine without any logical structure like applications
> in the userhome...... this is the price someone has to
> pay for a poor operating system without package management
  Oh don't get me started! Grr! If truth be told, I'm a long-time
  linux user and new to OS X.

  You are preaching to the converted my friend.

  I'm not certain I like the way acquaire did the setup. I
  didn't have this problem when I played with drupal on ubuntu.

"""
Great minds run in the same gutter.
  -- Alaskus Curmudgeous
"""

--
Tim
http://www.akwebsoft.com
          • Re: Dumping drupal databasesTim Johnson30 Oct
            • Re: Dumping drupal databasesReindl Harald30 Oct
              • Re: Dumping drupal databasesTim Johnson30 Oct
                • Re: Dumping drupal databasesAnanda Kumar30 Oct
                  • Re: Dumping drupal databasesTim Johnson30 Oct
            • Re: Dumping drupal databasesTim Johnson30 Oct
            • Re: Dumping drupal databasesShawn Green30 Oct
              • Re: Dumping drupal databasesTim Johnson30 Oct
        • Re: Dumping drupal databasesTim Johnson30 Oct
      • Re: Dumping drupal databasesKishore Vaishnav30 Oct
        • Re: Dumping drupal databasesTim Johnson30 Oct
  • Re: Dumping drupal databasesTim Johnson30 Oct
    • Re: Dumping drupal databasesTim Johnson30 Oct
Re: Dumping drupal databasesTim Johnson31 Oct
  • Re: Dumping drupal databasesReindl Harald31 Oct
    • Re: Dumping drupal databasesTim Johnson1 Nov
      • Re: Dumping drupal databasesReindl Harald1 Nov