List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Dykman Date:October 29 2012 2:25pm
Subject:Re: Unknown database error
View as plain text
The contents of datadir is typically owned by the mysql user and group.
Certain attributes on the datadir itself (ls -ld $datadir) can affect the
permissions of newly-created files and directories.  You need to talk to
you sysadmin,  with a eye towards doing something like

    chown -R mysql:mysql $datadir

I honestly cannot think of a scenario where the datadir should be
permissioned any other way.