List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Derek Downey Date:October 26 2012 2:35pm
Subject:Re: Recover dropped database
View as plain text
I do agree with Reindl that it is highly unlikely to work, but without specifics of how
busy your DB is and how much write activity you have, it will at least give a shot for
perhaps some data.

Derek Downey

On Oct 26, 2012, at 10:29 AM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl@stripped> wrote:

> Am 26.10.2012 16:15, schrieb Lorenzo Milesi:
>>> innodb will not be consistent if there are parts overwritten
>>> in the meantime or small pieces are not recovered 100%
>>
>> I took a lvm snapshot few minutes after the happening, and the sql server is
> barely used so it shouldn't be overwritten..
>
> this does not help you in any way
>
> making a LVM snapshot while mysqld is running
> makes even a incosistent backup per design
>
> so after dropa database ANY change and write back innodb
> buffers will resue the table space and overwrite data
>
> innodb is a large file with internal structures and you said:
> "Storage is innodb, no separate files for tables, everything is in ibdata1"
>
> so how do you imageine restore PARTYL contents of a large
> file which has to be also consistent with ib_logfile*
>
> sorry, but there is not tool doing magic if someone is
> missing at least daily backups to restore in the case
> of mistakes like yours

Thread
Recover dropped databaseLorenzo Milesi26 Oct
  • Re: Recover dropped databaseReindl Harald26 Oct
  • Re: Recover dropped databaseLorenzo Milesi26 Oct
    • Re: Recover dropped databaseDerek Downey26 Oct
      • Re: Recover dropped databaseLorenzo Milesi26 Oct
      • Re: Recover dropped databaseLorenzo Milesi29 Oct
        • Re: Recover dropped databaseSharl Jimh Tsin29 Oct
        • Re: Recover dropped databasespameden29 Oct
          • Re: Recover dropped databaseLorenzo Milesi5 Nov