List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Derek Downey Date:October 26 2012 2:24pm
Subject:Re: Recover dropped database
View as plain text
That's rough. The only thing I could suggest is try out Percona's data recovery tool (
https://launchpad.net/percona-data-recovery-tool-for-innodb )

They have a blog on how to use it in a specific scenario (deleted rows from a single
table) here:
http://www.mysqlperformanceblog.com/2012/02/20/how-to-recover-deleted-rows-from-an-innodb-tablespace/

I've never used it (yay backups!), so I can't tell you if it will work for an entire
dropped database.

Regards,
Derek Downey

On Oct 26, 2012, at 10:15 AM, Lorenzo Milesi <maxxer@stripped> wrote:

>> innodb will not be consistent if there are parts overwritten
>> in the meantime or small pieces are not recovered 100%
>
> I took a lvm snapshot few minutes after the happening, and the sql server is barely
> used so it shouldn't be overwritten..
>
> --
> Lorenzo Milesi - lorenzo.milesi@stripped
>
> GPG/PGP Key-Id: 0xE704E230 - http://keyserver.linux.it

Recover dropped databaseLorenzo Milesi26 Oct
  • Re: Recover dropped databaseReindl Harald26 Oct
  • Re: Recover dropped databaseLorenzo Milesi26 Oct
    • Re: Recover dropped databaseDerek Downey26 Oct
      • Re: Recover dropped databaseLorenzo Milesi26 Oct
      • Re: Recover dropped databaseLorenzo Milesi29 Oct
        • Re: Recover dropped databaseSharl Jimh Tsin29 Oct
        • Re: Recover dropped databasespameden29 Oct
          • Re: Recover dropped databaseLorenzo Milesi5 Nov